You want to support black lives matter but don’t know what to say or are afraid to say the wrong thing. Don’t SAY anything…DO. Learn what you can do to make black lives matter part of your brand. Special guest Tamia Scott, Director of Marketing, Dilbeck Real Estate, and host Gabrielle Fuqua, Director of Marketing, ActivePipe discuss successful branding and what you can do to make BLM part of your brand.
In real estate, you are your brand. Your brand represents you as an individual, your core values, and beliefs. Real Estate agents aren’t just agents, they are businesses and successful branding means creating a clear public identity related to you. When it comes to BLM you can decide to have a soft touch or go all in, it’s really what makes you comfortable. It’s ok to make mistakes. If you do, apologize and move forward applying what you learn.
A few things you can do to support Black Lives Matter:
- Be authentic – meaningful and consistent actions
- Create and follow a set of core values
- Education and awareness – NAR’s Sensitivity Course: “At Home with Diversity”, books, movies, follow advocates on social media
- Build Relationships with Black People
- Connect with your community – get involved
- Include black businesses on your preferred vendor list and share it
- Make space for black businesses on your marketing materials
- Let an activist do a take over of your social media pages