Welcome aboard as part of the ActivePipe community.
The what, how and why of information collection is explained by this Policy, as well as how we collect and use data about you through your interactions with us through the website www.activepipe.com (the “Website”) – the most important thing to know and remember is that we would never sell your (or any one else’s) list and/or email addresses, except as described herein.
Who We Are
When referring to ActivePipe, “us” or “we”. We are referring to ActivePipe, Inc. with registered address at 919 N. Market Street, Suite 950, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Who You Are
When referring to “you”, we are referring to users of our Website. Registered users of the ActivePipe Service may also be described as a “member”.
By visiting our Website, registering with us or using our services as described below, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE USES OF INFORMATION DESCRIBED IN THIS STATEMENT, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US.
This Site is operated by us from the United States and is designated for and intended for users from the United States. We do not knowingly collect or process data of persons located outside the United States.
What We Do
We provide a platform that allows you to create and send emails, and gather engagement and behavioral intelligence (data) based on interaction between your list(s) and your emails. (“the Service/s”).
We operate these platforms via the Website.
In certain circumstances, we may also have provided email content preparation services on behalf of you.
Information We May Collect
When you register with us, communicate with us via social media or direct email, phone or blogging, fill in and submit forms on our Website, provide payment details, or you report a problem with our Website or Service, we may capture some or all of the following information:
Personal details – name, gender, occupation, address, email, phone number, geo-location, credit card details, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer, tablet, mobile or other device (each being a “Device”) to the Internet, and login information.
Through your use of the Service or access to our Website, we may also collect technical data such as time of use/visit, duration of time spent on the Service, time zone setting, date, actions performed whilst on the Service, operating system, name and version of browser and/or hardware platform used to access the Service.
The above data may be collected directly and/or via cookies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your Device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your Device’s hard drive or Device to help distinguish you from other users of our Website.
When you register with the Service, our system will place a cookie on your computer that helps manage the data flow and collection.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This information is purely to help us provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and to assist your engagement with and utilization of the Service. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire at the conclusion of your relevant Internet browsing session.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your Device, you can block them by activating the relevant setting on your browser which can usually be found in the “help” section. More information on how to do this is available here: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. However please note that, if you use your browser settings to block cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. Your usage of the Website without changing your browser cookies settings will indicate your consent to usage of cookies in accordance with this section of this Policy. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
When we send emails to our Members, the email will contain pixels within the body of the email that allows us to capture data regarding who has opened the email, who has clicked on various content within the email, who has forwarded the email and other similar ‘action-based’ activity.
Similarly, we collect the same information on your behalf when you send emails to the list(s) within your account. This information flows through to the reporting that you have available within the Service.
We also have visibility to this data and may use such data in conjunction with an aggregation of other Members data to provide ‘Service-wide’ reports (averages) on a non-member identifying basis.
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites that we operate or may operate from time to time or other services we provide.
We may also work with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What We Will and Won’t Do With the Data We Collect
We may use the data that we collect from you as listed below and share your data with certain third parties described below:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including the provision to you with information and Services that you request from us, online content and dealing with your requests and enquiries.
- To invoice, bill and/or collect from you regarding your use of the Service. If you have contracted with the Service where credit card is the means of transacting, then we will send billing information to the relevant third party in order to process your payment. We use trusted third party credit card transactional security providers in such an instance.
- To send you service announcements regarding upgrades/downtime etc. regarding the Service.
- To promote our services to you and/or keep you informed of new services and/or new features and functionalities that the Service may have.
- To meet any legal requirements made upon us from a court or regulatory body, including supplying such information to third parties such as lawyers, regulators or law enforcement where applicable law so duly compels us.
- To respond to direct requests from you for support, and more generally, to improve and support the Service offered to you.
- To protect our rights and those of other Members and third parties.
- To analyze and improve our Services and our Website.
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your Device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To act as required where the safety of ourselves, yourselves, other members and/or third parties is at risk.
- To transfer your information to a third party as a result of a sale, merger or consolidation of us insofar as, the third party has, as a minimum, an obligation to adhere to the terms of this Policy.
- Otherwise to communicate with you on the basis that it is in line with the Service and/or you have opted-in to any specific third party promotions.
- To share amongst our “Affiliates”, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries to deliver our Services to you (in accordance with our data transfer policies set out below).
- To share with our vendors, subcontractors, agents, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) that we engage to perform the functions listed above on our behalf. These Service Providers may require the Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf or to permit us to perform our functions. These Service Providers have agreed to keep your Personal Information confidential.
We will never supply, sell or in any other knowing way, make available this data to other parties other than in specific circumstances outlined above.
What About Your Email Lists?
We will never supply, sell or in any other knowing way, make available the data in your email lists, or the lists themselves, to other parties other than in specific circumstances outlined above.
Further, we will never pry into your lists, steal, copy and/or share your lists. We will never market to your lists.
What You Send To Your Lists
Other Sources of Information Collection
Storage of Information we collect
The data that we collect from you is stored within the United States.
How long do we keep your personal information secure and private?
We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose that it has been processed and taking into account any legal requirements under applicable law.
Safety and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer so we advise that you sign off when you have finished using a shared computer strongly recommend and that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your Device to access your personal information.
We operate a ‘one-way’ password security system – that is, each password is encrypted and sent only to you. We cannot RESEND a password, as we do not store it. We can only reset a password upon request.
Without stating the obvious, you should never share your password – it is the gatekeeper to your List protection. Anybody who leaves your organization should have the access to the Service terminated immediately.
The Dreaded Hack
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access however, we cannot guarantee the security of such information and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alterations of any information you submit to our Website.
In the unlikely event that someone manages to cause an unauthorized intrusion into our system, and such intrusion causes an impact on you or your List(s), we will report this to you as soon as possible, along with subsequent remedial measures that were actioned.
You can always choose not to provide information. If the information is needed for a transaction or process, then the transaction or process will not proceed.
You will usually be able to add or update certain information on pages such as “My Account”. When you update information, we will keep a copy of the prior version for our records unless you write to us to require us not to.
If you wish to verify the details that we hold about you may do so by contacting us via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
Your Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and have an online account with us, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Website or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email or call us using the contact information below.
If you are a California resident, you have a right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information, as defined under California Civil Code Section 1798.83(e), during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. We will respond to one request per California resident per calendar year, according to California Civil Code Section 1798.83. You may request this information in writing by contacting us by mail at 801 Barton Springs Rd Austin TX 78704 or by email at email@example.com. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have an optional Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that allows you to express your preference regarding tracking of your online activity by websites. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other tracking technologies. Our Website does not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Date of Effectiveness
This Policy as it stands and published by our Website is effective from the date of you commencing to use the Service.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. We may change this Policy. The “Effective Date” at the top of the page indicates when this Policy was last revised. Such changes will be posted via the website(s). Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Site. If there are material changes, we will also email you, advising that a change has occurred.
Jurisdiction and governing law
All matters relating to the Website are governed by the laws of Texas and the United States of America, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that the jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to our Website and this Policy shall be in appropriate courts located in Austin, Texas. We do not warrant or imply that the Website or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of this jurisdiction. The information contained on our Website concerning any products or services is applicable only in the jurisdiction and these products or services may not be available in all locations. If you are located outside of this jurisdiction, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If you require clarification on any aspect of our Policy or would otherwise like to contact us regarding this Policy, please use the “Contact Us” feature on our Website, or alternatively, write to us at:
801 Barton Springs Rd
Austin TX 78704