Welcome to the ActivePipe community!
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.activepipe.com (the “Website”) or use the ActivePipe services (the “Services”).
Who We Are
When referring to ActivePipe, “us” or “we,” We are referring to ActivePipe, Inc. with registered address at 919 N. Market Street, Suite 950, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Who You Are
When referring to “you”, we are referring to users of our Website or Services. Registered users of our Services may also be described as a “Member”.
This Website is operated by us from the United States and is designated for and intended for users from the United States. We do not knowingly collect or process data of persons located outside the United States.
What We Do
We provide a platform that allows you to create and send emails, and gather engagement and behavioral intelligence (data) based on interaction between your list(s) and your emails.
We operate this platform via the Website: www.activepipe.com
In certain circumstances, we may also provide you with email content preparation services.
Information We May Collect
When you register with us, use our Website or Services, communicate with us via social media or direct email, phone or blogging, fill in and submit forms on our Website, provide payment details, or you report a problem with our Website or Services, we may collect some or all of the following information:
Names (including customer names, property owner names and property tenant names), gender, age, occupation, postal, street or contact address, email address, phone number, geo-location, property details, property images, credit card details, information required for payment for products or services provided or facilitated by us, metadata including social media content (including tags, handles and other social media profile information), real estate license details, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer, tablet, mobile or other device (each being a “Device”) to the Internet, login information (including registration passwords and usernames) and other user IDs (including for systems and third party services integrated with our Services).
Through your use of the Services or access to our Website, we may also collect technical data such as time of use/visit, duration of time spent on the Services, time zone setting, date, actions performed while using the Services, operating system, name and version of browser and/or hardware platform used to access the Services.
The above data may be collected directly and/or via cookies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your Device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your Device’s hard drive or Device to help distinguish you from other users of our Website.
When you register with our Services, our system will place a cookie on your computer that helps manage the data flow and collection.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use this information to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and to assist your engagement with and utilization of the Services. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire at the conclusion of your relevant Internet browsing session.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your Device, you can block them by activating the relevant setting on your browser which can usually be found in the “help” section. More information on how to do this is available here: www.allaboutcookies.org. However please note that, if you use your browser settings to block cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website. Your usage of the Website without changing your browser cookies settings will indicate your consent to usage of cookies in accordance with this section of this Policy. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
When we send emails to our Members, the email will contain pixels within the body of the email that allows us to capture data regarding who has opened the email, who has clicked on various content within the email, who has forwarded the email and other similar “action-based” activity.
Similarly, we collect the same information on your behalf when you send emails to the list(s) within your account. This information flows through to the reporting that you have available within the Services.
We also have visibility to this data and may use such data in conjunction with an aggregation of other Members data to provide “Services-wide” reports (averages) on a non-Member identifying basis.
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites that we operate or may operate from time to time or other services we provide.
We may also work with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What We Will and Won’t Do With the Personal Information We Collect
We may use and share the personal information that we collect from you as described below:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to register you to use the Services and to provide you with information and Services that you request from us, online content and dealing with your requests and enquiries.
- To invoice, bill and/or collect from you regarding your use of the Services. If you have contracted with the Services where credit card is the means of transacting, then we will send billing information to the relevant third party in order to process your payment. We use trusted third party credit card transactional security providers in such an instance.
- To send you service announcements regarding upgrades/downtime etc. regarding the Services.
- To promote our services to you and/or keep you informed of new services and/or new features and functionalities that the Services may have.
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal requirements, including supplying such information to third parties such as lawyers, regulators or law enforcement where applicable law compels us to do so.
- To respond to direct requests from you for support, and more generally, to improve and support the Service offered to you.
- To protect our rights and our property and the rights of our customers, clients, affiliates, Members and third parties.
- To analyze and improve our Services and our Website. This may include monitoring your usage of our Services and our Website to better understand your needs and to monitor our Services usage generally to help us to develop and implement initiatives to improve our Services, our marketing or the way we do business.
- To assist us in developing or enhancing our existing Services and our Website as well as creating new products and services.
- To manage our Services (including your account as applicable) and administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your Device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so.
- To act as required where the safety of ourselves, yourselves, other members and/or third parties is at risk.
- To facilitate interactions between you and approved third parties that provide products or services integrated with our Services.
- To transfer your information to a third party as a result of a sale, merger or consolidation of us insofar as, the third party has, as a minimum, agreed to comply with all privacy laws applicable to it and adhere to terms similar to this Policy.
- To communicate with you on the basis that it is in line with the Services and/or any specific third party promotional information or communications that you have opted-in to receive.
- To share among our “Affiliates”, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries to deliver our Services to you (in accordance with our data transfer policies set out below).
- To share with our vendors, subcontractors, agents, consultants, and other service providers (“Service Providers”) that we engage to perform the functions listed above on our behalf. These Service Providers may require the Personal Information to perform their functions on our behalf or to permit us to perform our functions. These Service Providers have agreed to keep your Personal Information confidential.
- To share among our business and commercial partners, agents and service providers that we engage to perform the functions listed above on our behalf, or as may be reasonably necessary to share with them in order for us to provide products or services to you, improve our Services and develop and provide you with information about new products or services that may be of interest to you.
We will never supply, sell or in any other knowing way, make available your personal information to other parties other than in specific circumstances outlined above, unless you authorize us to do so.
What About Your Email Lists?
We will never knowingly supply, sell or make available the names and email addresses in your contact lists, or the lists themselves, to other parties other than in specific circumstances or for the purposes outlined above, unless you authorize us to do so.
What You Send To Your Lists
What Happens If You Don’t Provide Us with Information
If you don’t provide us with certain information, we may be unable to provide you the information, products or services you wish to receive.
If you wish to remain anonymous or to use a pseudonym when dealing with us, we may be able to provide you with limited information or services. However, in many cases it will not be possible for us to assist you with your specific needs if you wish to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym given the nature of the products and services we offer.
Information that is not Personal Information (De-Identified Data)
Other Sources of Information Collection
Storage of Information we Collect
The data that we collect from you is stored within the United States.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We retain your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose that it has been processed and taking into account any legal requirements under applicable law.
Safety and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer so we advise that you sign off when you have finished using a shared computer strongly recommend and that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your Device to access your personal information.
We operate a ‘one-way’ password security system – that is, each password is encrypted and sent only to you. We cannot RESEND a password, as we do not store it. We can only reset a password upon request.
Without stating the obvious, you should never share your password – it is the gatekeeper to your List protection. Anybody who leaves your organization should have the access to the Services terminated immediately.
The Dreaded Hack
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access however, we cannot guarantee the security of such information and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse or alterations of any information you submit to our Website.
In the unlikely event that someone manages to cause an unauthorized intrusion into our system, and such intrusion causes an impact on you or your contact lists, we will report this to you as soon as possible, along with subsequent remedial measures that were actioned.
You can always choose not to provide information. If the information is needed for a transaction or process, then the transaction or process will not proceed.
You will usually be able to add or update certain information on pages such as “My Account”. When you update information, we will keep a copy of the prior version for our records unless you write to us to require us not to.
If you wish to verify the details that we hold about you may do so by contacting us via email to email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information.
Your Rights Under California Law
If you are a California resident, you have a right under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section 1798.83) to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed your personal information during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You may request this information in writing by contacting us by mail at 801 Barton Springs Rd Austin TX 78704 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have an optional Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that allows you to express your preference regarding tracking of your online activity by websites. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other tracking technologies. Our Website does not currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Such changes will be posted via this Website. If you are a registered user of our Services, we will also advise you of any substantive changes by presenting you with the revised Policy when you first log into the ActivePipe platform following the change. We suggest that you visit our Website regularly to keep up to date with any changes.
If you would like clarification on any aspect of our Policy or would otherwise like to contact us regarding this Policy, please use the “Contact Us” feature on our Website, or alternatively, write to us at:
64 Gwynne Street, Cremorne
Victoria, Australia 3121