Welcome aboard as part of the ActivePipe community.
The what, how and why of information collection is explained by this Policy, as well as how we handle your data – the most important thing to know and remember is that we would never sell your (or any one else’s) list and/or email addresses.
By visiting our website: www.activepipe.com, registering with us or using our services as described below, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Wherever we determine the purpose for which your personal information is gathered in accordance with this Policy, we will be the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Who We Are
When referring to ActivePipe, “us” or “we”. We are referring to The Digital Group Pty Ltd A.C.N. 91 139 274 436, a Melbourne, Australia company.
Who You Are
When referring to “you”, we are referring to users of our website. Registered users of the ActivePipe Service may also be described as a “member”.
What We Do
We provide a platform that allows you to create and send emails, and gather engagement and behavioural intelligence (data) based on interaction between your list(s) and your emails. (“the Service/s”)
We operate these platforms via the website: www.activepipe.com
In certain circumstances, we may also have provided email content preparation services on behalf of you.
Information We May Collect
When you register with us, communicate with us via social media or direct email, phone or blogging, fill in forms on our website, provide payment details, or you report a problem with our website or Service, we may capture some or all of the following information:
Personal details – name, gender, occupation, address, email, phone number, geo-location, credit card details, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer, tablet, mobile or other device (each being a “Device”) to the Internet, and login information.
Through your use of the Service or access to our website, we may also collect technical data such as time of use/visit, duration of time spent on the Service, time zone setting, date, actions performed whilst on the Service, operating system, name and version of browser and/or hardware platform used to access the Service.
The above data may be collected directly and/or via cookies.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your Device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your Device’s hard drive or Device to help distinguish you from other users of our website.
When you register with the Service, our system will place a cookie on your computer that helps manage the data flow and collection.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This information is purely to help us provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and to assist your engagement with and utilisation of the Service. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire at the conclusion of your relevant Internet browsing session.
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your Device, you can block them by activating the relevant setting on your browser which can usually be found in the “help” section. More information on how to do this is available here: www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu. However please note that, if you use your browser settings to block cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. Your usage of the website without changing your browser cookies settings will indicate your consent to usage of cookies in accordance with this section of this Policy. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
When we send emails to our Members, the email will contain pixels within the body of the email that allows us to capture data regarding who has opened the email, who has clicked on various content within the email, who has forwarded the email and other similar ‘action-based’ activity.
Similarly, we collect the same information on your behalf when you send emails to the list(s) within your account. This information flows through to the reporting that you have available within the Service.
We also have visibility to this data and may use such data in conjunction with an aggregation of other Members data to provide ‘Service-wide’ reports (averages) on a non-member identifying basis.
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites that we operate or may operate from time to time or other services we provide.
We may also work with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What We Will and Won’t Do With the Data We Collect
We Will Use This Data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including the provision to you with information and Services that you request from us, online content and dealing with your requests and enquiries.
- To invoice, bill and/or collect from you regarding your use of the Service. If you have contracted with the Service where credit card is the means of transacting, then we will send billing information to the relevant third party in order to process your payment. We use trusted third party credit card transactional security providers in such an instance.
- To send you service announcements regarding upgrades/downtime etc. regarding the Service.
- To promote our services to you and/or keep you informed of new services and/or new features and functionalities that the Service may have.
- To meet any legal requirements made upon us from a Court or Statutory body, including supplying such information to third parties such as lawyers where the Law so duly compels us.
- To ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Service Agreement and/or to enforce such compliance if necessary.
- To respond to direct requests from you for support, and more generally, to improve and support the Service offered to you.
- To protect our rights and those of other Members and third parties.
- To analyse and improve our Services and our website.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and on your Device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To act as required where the safety of ourselves, yourselves, other members and/or third parties is at risk.
- To transfer your information to a third party as a result of a sale, merger or consolidation of us insofar as, the third party has, as a minimum, an obligation to adhere to the terms of this Policy.
- Otherwise to communicate with you on the basis that it is in line with the Service and/or you have opted-in to any specific third party promotions.
- To share amongst our “Affiliates”, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries to deliver our Services to you (in accordance with our data transfer policies set out below).
- To comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Service Agreement and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, our customers, clients, Affiliates, or other related third parties.
We Won’t Use This Data
We will never supply, sell or in any other knowing way, make available this data to other parties other than in specific circumstances outlined above.
What About Your Email Lists?
We will never supply, sell or in any other knowing way, make available the data in your lists, or the lists themselves, to other parties other than in specific circumstances outlined above.
Further, we will never pry into your lists, steal, copy and/or share your lists. We will never market to your lists.
As per our Terms and Conditions of Service Agreement, we recommend that you take regular back-ups of your lists (even though we have tight controls in this area).
What You Send To Your Lists
Even though we send emails in an extremely high security environment (please further see our Terms and Conditions of Service Agreement for additional information relating to our security standards), content is available for inspection throughout the journey – as such it is highly recommended that any material of a sensitive or confidential nature is not sent via the Service.
We reserve the right at all times to inspect or review your content to ensure that it complies with your obligations under our Terms and Conditions of Service Agreement.
Other Sources of Information Collection
Our websites and/or the Service may have links to other websites, social media platforms, blogs and/or other similar-type sites or platforms. Generally speaking we have no control over what information you may pass over to these sites. Any such information that is made available to these sites will be subject to their own Privacy Policies, of which you should make yourself aware.
Transfer of Information we collect
The data that we collect from you is stored within Australia. In the event that data that we collect from you is at some time transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia we will always require your personal information to be treated to at least Australian standards, and by submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
How long do we keep your personal information secure and private?
We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose that it has been processed and taking into account any legal requirements under the Act or any other applicable laws of Victoria, Australia.
Safety and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer so we advise that you sign off when you have finished using a shared computer strongly recommend and that you do not use the browser’s password memory function as that would permit other people using your Device to access your personal information.
We operate a ‘one-way’ password security system – that is, each password is encrypted and sent only to you. We cannot RESEND a password, as we do not store it. We can only reset a password upon request.
Without stating the obvious, you should never share your password – it is the gatekeeper to your List protection. Anybody who leaves your organisation should have the access to the Service terminated immediately.
The Dreaded Hack
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access however, we cannot guarantee the security of such information and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alterations of any information you submit to our website.
In the unlikely event that someone manages to cause an unauthorised intrusion into our system, and such intrusion causes an impact on you or your List(s), we will report this to you as soon as possible, along with subsequent remedial measures that were actioned.
You can always choose not to provide information. If the information is needed for a transaction or process, then the transaction or process will not proceed.
You will usually be able to add or update certain information on pages such as “My Account”. When you update information, we will keep a copy of the prior version for our records unless you write to us to require us not to.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and to request that it is corrected if any of your details held are incorrect. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you wish to verify the details that we hold about you may do so by contacting us via e-mail to email@example.com. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will typically take the form of your e-mail address and any password submitted upon registration.
Date of Effectiveness
This Policy as it stands and published by our websites is effective from the date of you commencing to use the Service.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Such changes will be posted via the website(s). We will also email you advising that a change has occurred.
Jurisdiction and governing law
All matters relating to the website are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that the jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to our website and this Policy shall be in appropriate courts located in Victoria, Australia. We do not warrant or imply that the website or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of this jurisdiction. The information contained on our website concerning any products or services is applicable only in the jurisdiction and these products or services may not be available in all locations. If you are located outside of this jurisdiction, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If you still require clarification on any aspect of our Policy, please use the “Contact Us” feature on our websites, or alternatively, write to us at:
1b Weir Street, Glen Iris
Victoria, Australia 3146